Sunday, November 8, 2009

Is the Economy heading for a Double Dip?

The September unemployment report was a warning about a possible double dip in the economy. The October unemployment report just confirmed this trend. The broader measure of unemployment is now reported at 17.5% which is at its highest level in decades.

President Obama’s problem is that he is trying to do too many things at the same time and his administration’s lack of prioritizing. The economy and job creation should have been his first priority while the health care reforms and climate changes could have been handled next year. High unemployment also means higher health insurance costs as employer’s portion of funding ceases. However, Obama and the Democrats are too consumed in health care reforms which will create another trillion dollar deficit over the next decade.

1 comment:

  1. "He is trying to do too many things" True. I add, "without any help." I voted for him, I hope for him, and the only reason I don't despair is I don't know how much is being accomplished behind closed doors and until health care is a deed, Afghanistan decision is announced, etc. I'll keep on hoping - deeds not words.

    I think he should have fired McChrystal but it's not his style.

    ReplyDelete